This is the home page of Uniquely Colleen - site under development.
My principal concerns at this time are producing
three ranges of work, mainly because I tend to get frustrated with
- Wheel thrown work is generally
functional, porcelain and stoneware pieces. I particularly enjoy the
turning process, observing the strength and integrity of the form
which emerges from peeling off layers of clay. I have two main
methods of finish:
- Two glazes, a Tenmoku and a blue glaze
which under heavy reduction turns an amethyst purple
- Embellishing with leaves or other
markings, colouring with underglazes and then applying a clear
- Finely carved porcelain lighting and
- sculptures of birds and animals.